One way in which companies today are cutting IT expenses is by having their software hosted by third-party cloud providers. Because economies are scaled through shared costs, businesses can literally save thousands a month. Other measures being widely adopted include outsourcing and going the SaaS route. Read more here.
Microsoft has released Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. The update includes bug fixes and performance enhancements packaged together for easy deployment.
Update Rollup 3 is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
Displaying more than 50 Records per Page
This is for the list view for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- 1. Dynamics CRM for Outlook: Click CRM from the top menu.
- Web Version: Click Tools from the top menu
- 2. From the drop down menu click Options
- 3. Select the number of records you would like to display. Click OK
Please note that this is per user. The maximum records that can be displayed is 250. You can increase the number of records beyond 250 through SQL but it is unsupported. The value is stored in the PagingLimit column of the user settings base table. It can be updated to whatever value you want. It would be wise to set it back to a value from the drop down lists before editing a user’s settings, or upgrading CRM
Here is a brief but useful list of questions to consider when comparing the merits of hosted versus on-premise CRM implementations:
How quickly are you looking to deploy a CRM solution?
What is your total CRM budget?
Do you have the in-house IT resources to support an on-premise solution?
What kind of customization are you expecting from your CRM application?
Can you securely manage in-house datacenters?
Will your company be growing, say over the next five years?
Are you targeting top customers effectively?
How quickly are you responding to new customer inquiries?
How could your salespeople be better managing customer relations?
How can you improve your customer-support services and retention activities?
How easily can you generate reports?
To read more, click here
Everybody is always looking for quicker ways to get things accomplished. Shortcut keys always help. Here are few for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0:
|Save and Close||ALT S|
|Delete without attaching to clipboard||SHIFT DELETE|
|Move insertion point to start of next word||CTRL RIGHT ARROW|
|Move insertion point to start of previous word||CTRL LEFT ARROW|
|Display shortcut menu for selected item||SHIFT F10|
|Close selected list/dialouge box||ESC|
|Move up a list of records||UP ARROW|
|Move down a list of records||DOWN ARROW|
|Expand/Collapse preview in a list view||SPACEBAR|
|Open selected record||ENTER|
|Select all records on current page||CTRL A|
|Move to next option||TAB|
|Move to previous option||SHIFT TAB|
|Cancel a command||ESC|
|Delete a record||CTRL D|
|Save and New||CTRL SHIFT S|
Every year, a global community of media and entertainment professionals who are passionate about creating the next generation of audio, video and filmed content come together at the NAB Show. We are going to be showcasing our Microsoft CRM solution for the entertainment industry, focusing on Microsoft CRM as a rapid development platform, plus digital rights management and intelligence resource management.
From post-production to television distribution, this is an industry rife with complex tracking and operational needs that are best served by a unified platform. Streamline Solutions has delivered a number of high-profile, very effective Microsoft CRM implementations that have dramatically increased the efficiency and operational methods of some major corporations.
Make sure to visit us at the Microsoft Pavilion! If you are interested in attending this exciting event yourself, register here. Also, if you want more information about our Microsoft CRM solutions and how they can help your business, click here
There is still time to register for Convergence in New Orleans, LA. Convergence has always been a great place for our customers, partners and team members to share ideas, build skills and develop relationships.
We have a value packed four days including:
• Executive speakers Kirill Tatarinov, Kevin Schofield, and Chris Caren
• Eight general sessions that will provide you with insight to the current overall product strategy, as well as a peek into the future
• A new Business Leadership track with content designed for visionary business leaders who are challenged by managing a business and looking to share, learn and grow by discussing with others in the same situation. Sessions will be delivered by executives from Microsoft, our customer community as well as industry analysts
• 253 concurrent sessions where you’ll learn detailed tips and tricks on the software and processes you use, as well as new knowledge for your specific business needs
• 110 interactive discussions which are your opportunity to discuss and interact with Microsoft subject matter experts and other Convergence attendees around a specific Microsoft Dynamics topic
• 52 hands-on labs to try your hand at new technology
• Over 190 sponsors and exhibitors in our Expo & Microsoft Pavilion
• Not to mention abundant networking opportunities in the Community & Learning Center and at evening events
The Power of Possibilities are endless!
So, what does the tool in v4 do?
Microsoft CRM Server
Enable/Disable Platform tracing, Zip the trace folder for you if needed.
Generate Machine Report
NB: These 3 actions are now separated clearly, the Platform Tracing and DevErrors facilities shows now the current status of the option dynamically.
Microsoft SRS Data Connector
Generate Machine Report
Microsoft CRM E-Mail Router
Generate Machine Report
(Next version will add tracing for the Email service as well.)