Microsoft Social Engagement replaces Microsoft Social Listening
As a Microsoft Partner, xRM (www.xrm.com) received a prerelease copy of an email Microsoft will soon send to existing Microsoft Social Listening (MSL) customers announcing upcoming changes as part of the Spring Wave 2015.
Here are a few important snippets:
“Social Engagement will replace your existing Microsoft Social Listening solution”
“General availability of Social Engagement 2015 Update 1 is scheduled in early April”
“check out the Getready page to learn more”
It also goes on to list some of the improvements in Microsoft Social Engagement over Microsoft Social Listening (condensed below). Look for the email soon for the rest of the details.
- User Interface (UI): Completely redesigned UI for a simplified user experience
- Social Analytics: new visualizations, such as phrase clouds, top fans, top critics, and top hashtags
- Social Center: Contains user-specific, configurable and shareable streams in vertical columns displaying social posts as they come in. Supported actions include:
- Internal actions: Assigning a post to a user and also applying a status label
- External actions: Responding natively from within each stream
- Social Profiles: You can now add authenticated Twitter and Facebook accounts
- · Search Topic Set-up: define rules by the following criteria: keyword, Facebook page, and Twitter handle
There’s nothing in the email or online that mentions a change in price, so it looks like MSL customers will just automatically be delivered a better product in April, including the anticipated Twitter and Facebook integrations. Nice!