Free EBook for Microsoft Office 2010
If you are a Microsoft Dynamics CRM user, you probably already know that Microsoft Dynamics CRM integrates with Outlook and certain other Microsoft Office 2010 applications such as Excel, and Word. By reading about these applications’ strengths and capabilities, you can extract as much productivity from their integration as possible. Would you like to do that free? We recently discovered a nice source.
The eBook, “First Look: Microsoft Office 2010” by Katherine Murray is now available to download free of charge. This eBook consists of 186 pages taken from her full-length book, Microsoft Office 2010 Plain & Simple. The eBook is available in two forms, “First Look: Microsoft Office 2010” (in PDF) and “First Look: Microsoft Office 2010” (in XPS). Please encourage Microsoft Press to continue producing free eBooks by downloading “First Look” via those exact links so they can count the download numbers and estimate readership.
“First Look” contains fourteen chapters in three main parts:
Part I: “Envision the Possibilities”
This part focuses on the new features and enhancements in Office 2010, like the Ribbon. This section also covers Office 2010’s flexibility through a set of scenarios, illustrating the software as a practical tool.
- Chapter 1: Welcome to Office 2010
- Chapter 2: Express Yourself Effectively and Efficiently
- Chapter 3: Collaborate in the Office and Around the World
Part II: “Hit the Ground Running”
This part covers each of the Office 2010’s individual applications, their new features, and their relation to the holistic experience of Office 2010. Included are how-to guides for a handful of top features such as streamlining e-mail tasks in Outlook, enhancing presentations in PowerPoint, and simplified searching in SharePoint.
- Chapter 4: Create and Share Compelling Documents with Word 2010
- Chapter 5: Create Smart Data Insights with Excel 2010
- Chapter 6: Manage Rich Communications with Outlook
- Chapter 7: Produce Dynamic Presentations with PowerPoint 2010
- Chapter 8: Organize, Store, and Share Ideas with OneNote 2010
- Chapter 9: Collaborate Effectively with SharePoint Workspace
- Chapter 10: Create Effective Marketing Materials with Publisher 2010
- Chapter 11: Make Sense of Your Data with Access 2010
Part III: “Next Steps with Office 2010”
This part provides examples of Office 2010’s application integration, as well as its security and opportunities for training. As mentioned before, Office 2010 provides users with a holistic experience, a number of applications that create synergy with one another. Essentially, this section of the e-book illuminates how well the collective applications of Office 2010 work together.
- Chapter 12: Putting It All Together
- Chapter 13: Security In Office 2010
- Chapter 14: Training Made Easy
As a Microsoft Certified Partner, xRM.com can design an integrated business solution for your company incorporating the Microsoft product and server stack including Dynamics CRM, Office, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, etc. We provide value-added CRM customization and CRM training to help your users effectively harness the Microsoft environment.