We at xRM (www.xrm.com) want to remind our customers of a feature that is easy to overlook in the CRM for Outlook plugin—user filters. Filters allow users to control what exactly gets synchronized between Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Outlook. Below is a “CRM Minute” video to show you where you can control these filters.
Here are some written instructions. Note that these settings can be configured from Outlook or the web client:
1. Click File > CRM.
2. Click the Synchronize button. Two options should appear. Select “Review Synchronization Settings”.
3. The Synchronization Settings for Outlook or Exchange window opens.
4. Click the User Filters tab to manage your own filters.
1. Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner (looks like a gear).
2. Select Options.
3. Select the Synchronization tab.
4. Click the Filters link.
5. The Synchronization Settings for Outlook or Exchange window opens.
6. Click the User Filters tab to manage your own filters.
If you like this bite-size lesson, you can find plenty more at our Microsoft Dynamics CRM by xRM YouTube channel. We post tutorials, xRM updates, and more videos for our CRM Minute series. We’ve even bundled these up in a playlist for your enjoyment!
You can learn more tips, tricks, and tutorials for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, please check out our xRM blog and our Success Portal. If you would like to receive training from our team of experts, please inquire about our QuickStart Training.