Thanks to a recent update of Google Chrome (Google Chrome 37, released on Sept 5, 2014) Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, Dynamics CRM 2011, and Dynamics CRM Online are no longer compatible with the popular web browser.
If Chrome is your browser of choice, you may have noticed some strange behavior recently when attempting to use it to access your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, CRM 2013, or CRM 2011 database. Google made several changes to the APIs in Chrome 37 upon which Microsoft Dynamics CRM relied. Since last week, we have noticed a variety of problems that have propped up when we attempted to use Chrome. If you discover others, please mention them by commenting below.
- The Export to Excel function no longer works.
- The form editor refuses to open.
- You can no longer add options to Option Set fields.
- Changes made to an email in a workflow cannot be saved.
- Field properties cannot be saved.
- The ‘Upload’ button on the SharePoint list component no longer works.
- The ‘window.showModalDialog’ function no longer works.
Fortunately, there are a couple of workarounds that you can employ:
- Use Firefox or Internet Explorer instead of Google Chrome until the issue has been resolved.
- Enable the deprecated web platform features. Neil McDonald has explained how to enable deprecated web platform features on his blog, which you can read at http://xrmrocks.com/2014/09/08/chrome-37-breaks-crm-2011-functionality/.
We will continue to update this blog as more information becomes available.