Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 17 (UR17) is now available for download. UR17 provides several dozens of hotfixes that should be welcome for companies that continue to use Dynamics CRM 2011. The most obvious change is that Internet Explorer 11 support for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 has been added. Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook support has also been added for Office 2013 in Windows 8.1.
Other notable updates are included as well:
- The naming format of attachments has been changed. A new field called attachmentcontentid has been added to the activitymimeattachment entity. The email attachment’s “contentid” is now stored in this new field instead of adding it to the attachment’s file name.
- The sometimes long Outlook.exe startup time that came about as a result of UR12 has been shortened.
- The bug that prevented Recurring Series Expansion jobs if the Recurring Appointment owner was a team rather than an individual has been fixed.
- Many-to-many (N:N) relationship records can now be replicated offline.
- SharePoint 2010 Integration will now work if Windows6.1-KB2894844-x64 is installed.
Visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2915687/en-us to learn more about UR17 or see a full list of the included five dozen hotfixes.
UR17 Installation Information
In order to install UR17, you must have UR6 (build 5.0.9690.1992) or a later version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 installed already. Make sure that you back up your CRM organization before you install. We also recommend that you install UR17 in a development environment first to identify any issues that might arise for your organization.
You can use Windows Update to install UR17 automatically if you have automatic updating turned on. UR17 will become available in Windows Update during Q2 of 2014. You can download also download it from http://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/download/details.aspx?id=42672 and install manually.